Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains what types of personal information will be gathered when you visit the www.blue-star.org website (the “Website”), including when you register online, when you contact us or when you provide to us any piece of personal data, directly or inside an electronic form. Personal data means information or pieces of information that could allow us to identify you.
We may collect the following personal data: your name, telephone number, address, email address, preferences and feedback, your IP address or information about your use of our Website, but also any other information you provide voluntarily to us.
We collect personal data in order to provide you with certain services related to:
- Creating an account on our website in order to donate to one of our causes and/or processing your donation and sending you an invoice for our service.
- Signing you up for one of our memberships (for example for receiving our 40 Days files), processing your order and sending you an invoice for our service.
- Creating an account on our website in order to purchase material from our web store and/or processing your web store order and sending you an invoice for our service
- Subscribing you to our e-mail services such as our general newsletter or information relating to specific events like retreats
- Your comments to one of our pages or blog articles
- The prevention of potential threats to our service.
We may store this information manually or electronically.
How the information collected is used
The personal information you provide to us will only be used for the purposes stated above. Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations. Personal information collected and/or processed by us is held in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
How we store information collected and for how long
All personal data disclosed to us shall be treated as confidential by all Blue Star employees, volunteers, assistants and helpers. We will ensure that your personal data (including possible correspondence with us, Skype calls, recordings of any kind, audio, video, photography, etc) will be treated with utmost respect, taking into account the principle of using your personal data lawfully, fairly and ethically only by specific people for specific purposes where is relevant for their workflow, keeping it secure and at your disposal by request.
Access to Information
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. It also gives you the right to object to processing of the data relating to you. You may also request rectification or erasure of your personal data and withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more purposes. However, in case you decide to withdraw your consent for one or more purposes herein listed, withdrawal which we’ll make us unable to provide you with the service required and/or with any ongoing contractual and/or legal obligations that we may have towards you and/or towards others, we reserve our right to refuse such withdrawal. For further information about such rights and how to exercise them, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your full legal name, the information you are requesting access to, the rights you would like to invoke and the reasons for your request.